Tom's Eco Lodge
A haven of sustainable accommodation
While sustainability permeates every corner of Tapnell Farm, a shining example of our dedication to eco-friendliness can be found in Tom's Eco Lodge—a unique and charming haven for glamping - where diversification first started, with the installation of 5 Safari Tents.
Here, the concept of sustainability blends comfort with conscientiousness.
- Upcycled and Repurposed Furniture: The accommodation at Tom's Eco Lodge is furnished with unique pieces crafted through upcycling and repurposing.
- Natural Materials: We prioritise the use of natural and environmentally friendly materials in the construction and decor of our lodges and farm cottages.
- Low-Energy Sources: We rely on low-energy sources to power our accommodation. We understand the importance of minimising energy consumption and its impact on the environment.
- Market-Leading Sewage Treatment: Our accommodation are supported by a market-leading sewage treatment system that adheres to the highest environmental standards. This system ensures that wastewater is treated responsibly and safely, minimising our ecological footprint.
- Recycling Station: To encourage responsible waste management among our guests, we provide recycling stations for every accommodation. Separating recyclables from general waste helps reduce landfill contributions and promotes recycling awareness.
- The Tapnell Trail: This network of footpaths and bridleways promotes responsible land access and encourages visitors to engage with the natural environment. It's a testament to Tapnell Farm's dedication to conservation and community engagement.
At Tapnell, visitors can immerse themselves in the natural beauty of the Isle of Wight while knowing that their stay aligns with our commitment to preserving and enhancing the environment.