Making your visit to Tapnell Farm safe - Click here for info
We have an exciting new job opportunity for a Wedding Co-ordinator!
Experience in weddings, events and hospitality at a supervisor level or above is essential.
Salary: To be negotiated, depending on experience
Hours: Event days approx. 14 hours. Max 30 hours per week when 2 events on
We are looking for a personable and well-presented person to assist with 'on the day' management of weddings and events at East Afton Farmhouse (Freshwater) as well as co-ordinating and planning elements in the lead up to/ after, and supporting other projects within the team where applicable.
The successful applicant should have a passion for weddings and events, a keen eye for detail and be eager to learn and progress in this industry. Commitment and enthusiasm are essential, and experience in weddings, events and hospitality at a supervisor level or above is essential.
The prime function of this role is to work alongside the Venue Manager to maintain high-quality service for customers booking and visiting the venue. Weekly tasks will include 'on the day' supervision and co-ordination of wedding celebrations and events - typically on a Wednesday and/or Saturday (although the applicant must be flexible on days), ensuring that the day runs smoothly. The Co-ordinator will liaise with the clients and suppliers before each event, to run through the event in the lead up to the day, stock, manage and prep the bar and event drink sales, manage 'on the day' staff & suppliers as well as assist the bar service on the day, witness ceremonies, health & safety.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Highly professional and committed to the hospitality industry
· Driving license and reliable car
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages particularly Word, Outlook and Excel
· Previous experience of running events; in particular private events such as weddings
· Good understanding of different wedding cultures
· Good understanding of catering requirements
· Availability to work late nights, long hours and most weekends
· Excellent telephone and message taking etiquette
· Focused on delivering a high level of customer/ client service
· Confident and professional approach when dealing with clients and event suppliers
· Able to work under pressure and multi-task particularly during the peak seasons
· Personal license holder
· Bar experience including ordering and stock rotation, service, management & weekly tasks, or be willing to learn.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable):
· Experience of hosting and putting together wedding shows/ fayres
· Understanding of social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
· Proficient with numbers and accounting
· To have an in-depth knowledge of key competitors and their strengths and weaknesses versus the venue
· To participate in familiarisation trips and wedding viewings when the venue manager is unable to.
This position entails the following and more:
• Weekly tasks to include on the day coordination of wedding celebrations and events (typically on a Wednesday and/or Saturday)
• To maintain a high-quality service for customers booking and visiting the venue
• To liaise with the clients and suppliers in the lead up to the day
• To manage on the day staff and suppliers
If you are passionate about weddings, have a keen eye for detail and are eager to progress within this industry, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]