15th July 2020
Please be assured, the safety of our customers and staff is our highest priority and whilst we aim for your visit with us to be as ‘normal’ as possible, additional hygiene and safety measures, in line with Government guidelines, have been put in place, for everyone’s peace of mind.
We ask our customers and guests to please support us by keeping within government guidelines when you visit. If you are unsure, please check: https://www.gov.uk/government/...
March 2021 Update
In line with the latest Government guidelines all our accommodation will re-open on 12 April. The Cow Restaurant will also re-open on this date but with outside/covered seating only and takeaways available. The Farm Park will also re-open on 12 April, paddocks and outside play areas only. The Cow and all attractions will then re-open fully from 17 May.
NHS Test & Trace - Change in rules
It is now a legal requirement for us to ask all visitors, aged 16+, who are staying in our accommodation and/or visiting The Cow Restaurant, to either scan an NHS QR code poster or provide their name and contact details on arrival. To make this as easy a process as possible for our guests, we have put the following in place:
- Accommodation guests. As part of our Covid safety measures, you will receive a health questionnaire from us to complete in advance of your stay. On this, we have included a space for you to list the names of everyone in your group and their phone numbers (or email). These will be added to your booking record. If you have any friends or relatives visiting you whilst at Tapnell, we will also need their names, contact details and date of visit.
- The Cow Restaurant We recommend that all staying guests and customers download the NHS Covid-19 App in order to scan the NHS QR Poster on arrival, otherwise you will be required to provide your name and contact details on every visit.
Anyone who does not comply with this new legislation, will unfortunately be refused entry.
Please see our health & safety poster below. Further examples across the farm include:
- re-opens on 12 April (selected dates) with outdoor / covered seating and take-aways only. Booking recommended.
- The restaurant will re-open fully from 17 May.
- introduction of The Cow at Tapnell Farm App for ordering and paying for food at the restaurant
- new eat in / eat out
- advance bookings online for seating inside the restaurant (limited capacity)
- face masks/coverings to be worn inside the restaurant when not seated at the table
- re-opens on 12 April
- all guests are required to complete a health questionnaire in advance of their arrival
- check in has been delayed and check out brought forward to allow extra time for thorough deep cleaning between guests
- check in is from 5pm but as soon as accommodation is available, we will call or text the guest to advise of this, to enable them to access sooner, where possible
- we operate a self check in service
- latest government restrictions apply per unit of accommodation booked. If unsure, please check: https://www.gov.uk/government/...
- re-opens on 12 April, paddocks and outside play only. Fully open from 17 May
- significantly reduced visitor numbers in the farm park
- opening limited to 2 x three hour sessions per day: morning and afternoon, allows for additional cleaning between sessions
- roller rink currently closed
- soft play - reduced capacity, booking required
- hand sanitising stations in place
- booking online only
- Face coverings/masks must be worn in all indoor areas, unless an exemption applies.
- re-opens from 17 May
- significantly reduced visitor numbers per session
- maximum group booking of 6. (government restrictions apply).
- closed between sessions for cleaning and no cross over between visitors
- booking online only
- There is a remote possibility that the Covid-19 virus may be present in the open water environment in which we operate, and within the operating areas of the park where customers are present. It is expected that any traces of the virus would be incredibly diluted in open water but a risk nevertheless remains in existence. Customers are expected to work with the Aqua Park to help reduce the risk of transmission where possible.
- Re-opens from 22 May
- All bookings must be made online in advance
- No more than 6 people per group booking (government restrictions apply)
- Led by experienced, trained staff ensuring quality distanced coaching
- Extra time allocated for cleaning equipment between each session
- Hand sanitising stations in place
- Non-contact temperature checks on arrival
- Due to the nature of Archery and Axe throwing there is always an element of risk. Participants will be asked to leave if they show any dangerous behaviour on the range, pose a danger to themselves or others and are disruptive towards other participants. If you are suspected to have consumed alcohol or drugs, you will not be allowed on the session and no refund will be issued.
- All bookings must be made online in advance.
- No more than 6 people per group booking - we recommend group sizes of 4-5 max per hole
- Footballs wiped clean after every session
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Please DO NOT visit if you are feeling unwell
Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell.